For those who have been following this blog since the beginning – you’ll already know this.
But for those who have taken the odd peak, just picked up a copy of Our Interrupted Fairy Tale or stumbled across my Instagram/Twitter, just because I have a few cool Whistler photos – this might answer some of the questions I’ve been getting.
“Have you met someone since Chad?”
“Who’s that guy in some of your photos?”
In short – yes. His name is Brad.
1) He’s the only “other guy” in Our Interrupted Fairy Tale whose name I didn’t change.
2) We met in high school. Made-out when I was home from college. Fell in love five years ago as “grown ups.”
3) We agree to disagree on Tiger ice-cream. (Why anyone thinks that putting black liquorice with fake orange flavour would be a good idea, I have no idea.)
4) He is a very proud, not so humble, father of a gorgeous, brave, easy going, brown-eyed girl. She and I beat up on him, and they heckle me. (“WE know the fastest way down water slides. Why don’t you eat chicken with the skin on like WE do.”) I love her and I love them.
5) He wins fantasy football leagues. And when he talks to me about it, he might as well be speaking Swahili. (I know this may come as a surprise, but I do not speak Swahili).
6) Before we started dating, he wanted to read Chad and my blogs. So we did, together, out loud, laying on the living room floor at the mini-Castle in the Sky I shared with Chad.
7) He’s a Registered Massage Therapist. He does not give me massages at home and I need to book in three weeks in advance if I need a treatment. This is not awesome for me.
8) I’ve overheard him clarifying to someone at a party, “Chad isn’t Megan’s ex-boyfriend. They never broke up.” This is awesome for me.
9) His Mom is from Trinidad, his Dad is from Canada and that’s why he is dark-ish.
10) I have mixed up his name with Chad’s. Only once, maybe twice, but that’s because they both fart to annoy me, and in my fury they were both grossing me out.
….and #11) It’s a bit of a blended life – but Brad gained a life and was changed for it, I lost a life and was changed for it…and somewhere, we met in the middle with a fierce, big and awesome love.